Since 2016, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of New Caledonia, the operator of the Nouméa-La Tontouta International Airport, has embarked on an ambitious sustainable development policy to control and reduce the impacts of its activities on the environment. As the airport operator, our mission is to manage, maintain, renew, operate, and sustainably develop all the necessary public infrastructure for the functioning of the airport.
We commit to adhere to the following principles:
- Compliance with applicable legislation.
- Continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
- Control and reduction of energy consumption, evaluation of renewable energy development and utilization.
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions (especially CO2) through participation in the Airport Carbon Accreditation program and implementation of an inter-company transportation plan for airport employees.
- Improved waste management with an emphasis on recycling.
- Preservation of water resources and natural environments.
- Raising awareness among staff and all stakeholders, and transparently communicating our energy and environmental performance.
Our energy management approach at the airport site aligns with the New Caledonia Energy Transition Plan (STENC).